'95 M5 E34 "Limited Edition"

• Hello all.

Sorry for write in english, I'm spanish and I don't speak german. OK, I will try in english...

I have an M5 E34 that was made in 11/1994, VIN GD64534. The car has a lot of options, including Nurburgring package, 18" wheels M parallel, EDC suspension, etc...

There is a plate in front of the gears selector that says "M5 Limited Edition 60/280". Anybody knows something about this last edition of M5?
    I was looking for information about this on internet but no luck.

Here I put some photos of the car, this may can help...

Thanks in advance and kind regards from Sevilla - the hottest place in the South of Spain ;-) 50 degree in summer...is not HOT?

http://img67.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lateral1oc7.jpg
    http://img63.imageshack.us/my.php?image=interiorcb2.jpg
    http://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cdm5vq7.jpg
    http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lateral2gp2.jpg
    http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lateral4ow8.jpg
    http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0399ad6.jpg

• hi

unfortunately i don't know anything about your car, too. but the stropes seem not to be real M GmbH strpes because they aren't diagonal.

i've been in sevilla and its one of the most beautiful cities i know!
    you lucky guy...

kind regards,
    lars

• Hi there 'amigo',
    nice car BUT
    sorry to tell you that the '60/280´plate for sure is a fake.
    If there is ONE such car = where are the others then ???
    The model-year 95 E34 M5 in LHD-version was made in 404 units but is NOT
    a limited edition.
    -
    The E34 M5 MY95-registry in Sweden has a -BMW-vehicle-specification-
    of your car and will be able to tell you IF and what (if any) is -special- with your car. I have told them about your entry and I am sure they will soon respond.
    -
    Forget about that plate (and get rid of it) but what you have got there seems to be a rare and nice enough exampel of an exclusiv car and even without any foul-play. Congratulations to your ownership. (Hopefully you did not pay too much extra for that -fake-plate- :eek: :2f2f:
    Is there a picture of that ´60/280'-plate ? I could send it to BMW for a comment !!! OK, I found it, looks very -home-made- to me and we already know that there was NO -limited edition- of the 3.8 E34 M5, except for the 20
    "20 Years M anniversary"-cars but I will send this to BMW anyway.

• Firebird1989:

This is a regular M5 '95 6-speed, just like all other. The sign is fake!! There are some fakes this is one of them, also one is in North America too, but with LE-sign for the RHD-cars.

Did you bought the car in Germany, in Ottersberg?
    You have exchanged the original side mirrors into M-Aerodynamik, right?

• Bienvenido aqui en este lugar donde se encuentran la gente con el E34 M5.
    Hay bastante informaciones sobre esta serie del BMW y tambien se puede
    encontrar muchas informaciones sobre problemas y como solucionar estos.

Segundo te quiero decir que tienes un coche guapo y parece que esta en buena condicion. Si es una version especial no puedo decir exactamente, pero pienso que no es. Pero esto para mi no seria tan importante. Seria mas
    importante que el coche esta en buena condicion technica.

Te deseo mucha suerte y diversion con este coche porque hay menos y menos de este tipo y todavia puedes competir con coches nuevos.

Vale, hasta luego.

• Also jetzt versteh ich garnichts mehr!

• Hello all.

Many thanks for all your replies, thanks to this I'm starting to think with more clarity.

Lars, the next time you come to Sevilla I will give you my phone number and I will show you the city and the girls of the city too ;)

Ok, it seems to be that this plate is a fake :( , no problem, I still loving my car like before.

m5tourreg, you said "If there is ONE such car = where are the others then ???"
    You are correct, I'm with you, where are the 279 others?? I'm starting to think the answer is there...FAKE...BUT you say "The E34 M5 MY95-registry in Sweden has a -BMW-vehicle-specification-
    of your car and will be able to tell you IF and what (if any) is -special- with your car. I have told them about your entry and I am sure they will soon respond.
    "
    Please tell me anything good or bad when you get some info ok?

"Did you bought the car in Germany, in Ottersberg?"
    Sorry but I don't know what is Ottersberg, is it a car dealer or city?

"I just want to tell you that you've got a nice car Enjoy it anyway!"
    I will do it for sure :pp:

GOBABYGO! - Many thanks for write in spanish "amigo" (friend), but I'm sorry, I still writting in english because I don't want the people here kick my ass on my first day in this forum, I hope you understand. If you want we can speak in spanish by email (mgarridoy@gmail(dot)com.

OK, I will tell you all the complete history about the car as I know until now. The car was made on 11/1994 and the first owner was BMW M. Motorsport was put a new license plates on the car on 12/1994 and the car was property of Motorsport until June/1995. The "second" owner was born on 1939, that means he was 56 years old when he buyed the car :what:I don't remember the name exactly but I think he live's in Wolfsburg (or some similar) and he is "dentist?" (doctor of theet...). Because this two things I think that the car was not "burned off" or mistreated..., may be I'm wrong...what do you think about? And also, do you think this man was put this fake plate on the car? :confused:
    Ok, the car was sold on March/2006 to a spanish guy, he goes to Germany to buy the car, and he had the car until October/2006 when I buyed it. This spanish guy spend over 1500 euro on the car in 7 months, he changed the water pump, and a lot of other things. He is a "purist" like me, that means we like the cars in the same condition when was born, without changes (as you can see on the pictures), and my car will be in this condition for a loooong time.
    The car never was re-painted, and there is only a bit of rust on the low edge of the driver's door, like 1" or less.
    I give a compression test on the car and I get between 10,2 - 10,4 in all cilinders, I think that is the best thing, right?
    Ok guys, can anybody tell me why the car was bought by Motorsport and remained with them for 6 monts? May be that was a gift for a Big boss??
    What was "standard" on the car when was made? and where can I get a complete list of all codes? Here you have a list of "options" that come with my car, sorry for the spanish words, I get this on a spanish dealer:
    0216 Servotronic
    0243 Airbag para el acompaöante
    0302 Dispositivo de alarma con mando a distancia
    0339 Linea Mate (Shadow Line)
    0401 Techo corredizo inclinable electrico
    0416 Persiana solar en la luneta trasera, de accionamiento electrico
    0417 Persiana solar en la luneta trasera de accionamiento mecanico
    0423 Alfombrillas de velours
    0431 Retrovisor interior con ajuste automatico antideslumbramiento
    0459 Reglaje electrico de los asientos, con memoria en el del conductor
    0494 Calefaccion de los asientos delanteros
    0500 Lavado de faros con dispositivo de limpieza intensiva del parabrisas
    0528 Recirculaciºn autom±tico de aire
    0534 Climatizador
    0540 Volante de cuero multifuncional, incluyecontrol automatico de la velocidad
    0669 Radio BMW Business RDS
    0672 Intercambiador BMW de 6 CD
    0676 Equipo de altavoces Hi-Fi
    0686 Antena "diversity"
    0710 Volante decuero M con teclas multifuncionales
    0900 Description not found
    If anybody don't understand this I will translate the text to english, but, for the people that don't know, you can see al this codes on the ***

Thanks again to you all and I'm sorry for the big letter...
    Marcos

• Hi Marcos,
    again, congratulations to a VERY nice car. Do not worry about that plate,
    it is NOT yourn fault. Obviously the previous owner in Spain purchased that
    car from the -dealer- we were refering to. Apparantly the M-mirrors on your car are not a factory-item but they were available as a pay-option.
    -
    We will try to get a -BMW-vehicle-specification-sheet- for your car or do you
    have one already ??
    -
    E34 M5/M5touring having BMW or M-GmbH as there first owner is quite common and therefore nothing unusual at all. That had to do with these cars
    hade a VERY high price at the time and were difficult to sell. For this reason many cars were used by BMW or M-employees (management) for a while before they were sold to the first private owner for a reduced price.
    (it is the same story with my own M5touring). There are also a number of specific cars used in motorshows or as media(press-)cars but these cars have a speciifc code in the -option list- documenting this fact.
    -
    Have fun with your car and enjoy it as intended :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Hi Marcos,
    as I cud see, you already have the -BMW-vehicle-specifications- for your car.
    Then you can also see that it is a normal MY95 E34 M5 and w/o any 'Individual-options' but with the pay-options in accordance with your list, i.e. the car did not have the M-technic-mirrors from the factory. -
    -
    This car had indeed been for sale from -autoland GmbH in D-28870 Ottersberg
    some time ago (for quite a while) with 162.490 km for EUR 12.900.
    The car is also reported to have been repaired after an accident (??).

• Hi...
    m5tourreg, I want to thank you for all the info you're giving to me, is a very valuable information, facing to know better the state of the car I own.
    Ok, about the M-Mirrors, the mirrors are aftermarket and are not BMW original part, the people here in Spain say's there are "chinese" mirrors... I bought the car with it installed, but I still have the original ones in case I want to restore it to original.
    "We will try to get a -BMW-vehicle-specification-sheet- for your car or do you
    have one already ??"

I have only a small information about the "options" that come with the car. It's too hard to get information about the car here in Spain, the people (dealers) here says they don't have information because the car is not an "Spanish" car and they don't have access to a specific information. I will be glad if you can send me more information.
    "This car had indeed been for sale from -autoland GmbH in D-28870 Ottersberg
    some time ago (for quite a while) with 162.490 km for EUR 12.900.
    The car is also reported to have been repaired after an accident (??)."

Can you tell me when (date)? The car have now 179.000 km and 175.000 when I bought him, seems to be that the kilometers are "true" and it was not modified. About that accident, I suspect that there was any problem because in the front structure the paint is like new, I mean "structure" the place in the front where where the radiator mounts, behind the lights...I was looking on this area searching for any evidence of accident but if there was an accident then the repair job was PERFECT because I did not found any evidence..., maybe you can tell me any place to I look for a sign off? the alignment of lights, fenders, hood, etc are perfect... Maybe I'm looking at the wrong way and the accident was not on the front...so If you can get me more information about this I will appreciate.

About the price, I think I paid a low price for that car, 10.500 euro. What do you think? I think (pretty sure) that the first spanish guy paid more than me for the car and he lost some money on this transaction...

There are 2 things on the car I want to ask you about, because I dont know the M5's family... When I start the car after all night sleeping (cool), there is a sounf coming from the motor compartment, is a noise that seems to come from the air pump, after 1 minute 20 seconds the sound stops, and only come again the next day morning (after sleeping at night). The other ting is about the Airbag light, wen I start the car and EVERY time I start the car the Airbag light lights (on) for about 1 minute, and then it goes off. When the lamp goes off it still off all the way but if I stop the car putting the key in the 0 position and I star the car (or if I put the kay on position 1) the the light come up again 1 minute. Do you know what appens there? Maybe this problems are related to this accident you mentioned above...

Yestarday I drove the car for about 400 km, with my kids and wife, and the car runs perfect, mountain roads, highway and normal roads and the behavior was correct all the time, so..where can I look for any problem if there is any?

Thanks again friends...and YES, I still loving and enjoying my car every time I look or drive it...

• Hi Marcos,
    ""Yestarday I was running with the car for about 400 km, with my kids and wife, and the car runs perfect, mountain roads, highway and normal roads and the beavior was correct all the time, so..where can I look for any problem?""
    If it runs fine why would you want to look for a problem ???
    -
    If you give me an e-mail-address I could sent the BMW-vehicle-specification-sheet to you by e-mail unless it is ok with you to publish the details here.
    -
    The sales-add from that dealer is appr. 1 year+ old, unfortunately I do not have a date on that sales-add. But I am sure the car was discussed here in the forum at the time. You can use the 'search-function' to find further threads on this car. I have never seen the car live. At the time somebody went to see the car at the delar and reported, rust issues at bottom of doors
    and luggage-room-port and poorly repaired accident-damages. If you can see nothing of this then perhaps you are lucky and the guy from whom you bought the car had taken care of these issues.
    -
    Airbag-issues are tricky and I recommend to check with the dealer to run
    a -diagnose-test- which will cost appr. EUR 40 and sometimes they do it for free.
    -
    The -secondary air pump- starts appr. 30 seconds after cold-start and stops
    after the time you mentioned. That is the way it it supposed to work. Some
    air pumps make noice others do not. When the average outdoor-temperature is over +15 degrees the air pump is not likely to engage. If you do not want the air-pump to work as supposed to, then there is a relay that you cud pull.
    -
    Good to hear that you enjoy the car and that it works well.
    In my personal opinion you paid a fair price if indeed the car is without any
    more serious fault.
    -
    brgds
    Karl

• Hi Karl.

Hi Marcos,
    ""Yestarday I was running with the car for about 400 km, with my kids and wife, and the car runs perfect, mountain roads, highway and normal roads and the beavior was correct all the time, so..where can I look for any problem?""
    If it runs fine why would you want to look for a problem ???
    For safety purposes only. I have 2 kids and I want to be sure the car is safe when whe are inside. I'm sure you understand me, right?

-
    If you give me an e-mail-address I could sent the BMW-vehicle-specification-sheet to you by e-mail unless it is ok with you to publish the details here.
    Ok, my email address is: mgarridoy@gmail.com
    -
    The sales-add from that dealer is appr. 1 year+ old, unfortunately I do not have a date on that sales-add. But I am sure the car was discussed here in the forum at the time. You can use the 'search-function' to find further threads on this car. I have never seen the car live. At the time somebody went to see the car at the delar and reported, rust issues at bottom of doors
    Yes, this problem still there
    and luggage-room-port
    Are you referring to the Trunk door (rear compartment)? If yes, then this problem don't exists anymore, but there are rust in the gas door. Both rust issues will be repaired later, as soon as I can...
    and poorly repaired accident-damages.
    That is I want to find...
    If you can see nothing of this then perhaps you are lucky and the guy from whom you bought the car had taken care of these issues.

I will try to find the information you mentioned, difficult to me to find words in german but I will try it anyway.
    -
    Airbag-issues are tricky and I recommend to check with the dealer to run
    a -diagnose-test- which will cost appr. EUR 40 and sometimes they do it for free.

I will do it...
    -
    The -secondary air pump- starts appr. 30 seconds after cold-start and stops
    after the time you mentioned. That is the way it it supposed to work. Some
    air pumps make noice others do not. When the average outdoor-temperature is over +15 degrees the air pump is not likely to engage. If you do not want the air-pump to work as supposed to, then there is a relay that you cud pull.
    What is the function of this "noisy" air pump? I have seen that the coolant temperature goes to normal temp just after about 5 minutes I start the car, then, this air pump servers as a coolant heater for cold cities, with snow, etc?
    Anyway, I don't want to modify nothing on the car, I need to know what happens with it only
    -
    Good to hear that you enjoy the car and that it works well.
    In my personal opinion you paid a fair price if indeed the car is without any
    more serious fault.
    Thanks you, you make me happy with your oppinion.
    -
    brgds
    Karl

Thanks,
    Marcos

• The airbag light signals a problem with the airbag. A common cause of this problem, is when the instruments have been unplugged and the ignition was not turned of. The airbag controller then recognizes that there is no connection to the instrument cluster and stores the fault. Another cause for the later production years is the collector ring being damaged. This collector ring connects the airbag in the steering wheel.

The best way to solve this problem is to connect your car to a diagnosis system. If you have any electronics knowledge, you can even build such an diagnosis interface by yourself. http://www.e34.de/tips_tricks/…eicher/fehlerspeicher.htm (German)

With the help of the diagnosis you can read the stored fault, and delete it, in the case of an false fault.

Sometimes also the airbag controller after 01/94 has the problem that it thinks that there is a passenger airbag, but there is none installed. The reason for this can come by an unplugged battery for a longer time. In this case also deleting the fault will solve the problem.

• Hi Induleo.

Thanks for your reply. I think that the easier way to find what is wrong here is coming to BMW dealer here in Sevilla and put the car on the diagnose system. I will do it but not only for the airbag problem but to see if there are any other "older" errors stored.
    About that interface, is very interesting but this interface works with two serial ports, my laptop don't have com ports but I have seen other interfaces that works with only 1 com port, anyway I think that I will buy an "professional-made" interface. My question about that interfaces is that I've seen ODB cables, that seems to have something like a mini-interface integrated on the ODB-20 pins connector, and you don't need a bigger interface that works with BMW models until 2004, so what whe need to work on the E34 model only, and to be more exactly with the M5?

• Well i am using the this two com port interface, and it works fine on most of the cars.
    I also build a one com port interface, an tested it on my 525i. The result is that it is not recognizing half of the components! I also tried it with the Car Scanner software that should be able to read DME-Informations. I could connect to the DME but couldn't read any data!

I haven't tried both interfaces on my M5 yet, as i only got it yesterday ;)

At my opinion, it will be best to get an old PC with two com ports to be sure of right functioning of the interface. Another point is to get an old PC as most if the diagnosis software runs under DOS...

I will inform about my experiences diagnosing on the M5 as soon as i have time to test it out.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!