Alpen rundfahrt (05 bis 08 September 2003) ENGLISH

• Hi Finn

In Switzerland there are 2 section of fines:

1st: so called "Ordnungsbusse" which cover the following netto speedings (after the subtraction of the tolerance):
    On the autobahn: 25 km/h
    on the road outside village: 20 km/h
    inside villages: 15 km/h
    In these cases, there is a simple fine up to CHF 280.- and some fees for the administration (up to CHF 150.-).

2nd: all other speeding will be decided by an administration office and depends on:
    - if you have already had some speeding fines in Switzerland
    - if you have had other contacts to the police
    - if you are a person with a Swiss driving licence or not

About a difference of 45km/h on the autobahn means a fine of about 1 month income if you are a Swiss habitant.
    You are not, so it will be something around CHF 1500.- to 2500.-

Best you contact a lawyer, if you want to find out excactly.

In/near which town/village, on which road have you been flashed?
    Because the penalty also depends on the "Kanton".

Regards
    Hermann

E34 530V8 '94 318 tkm diamantschwarz
    E34 M5T '92 204 tkm BMW schwarz II
    E34 525 '94 194 tkm fjordgrau

E34 525iA '94 121 tkm orientblau

• It says that you have been 45kph too fast. Tolerances have been deducted from this value.

You have to send them back the information about the driver of that car within 10 days. They will send you a so called 'Strafbefehl' (the ticket) with a 'Rechtsmittelbelehrung' (advices if you want to make an appeal against the ticket).

But 45kph is really ugly! Best was to look out for a lawyer who knows swiss law...

Rgds,
    Dominik

• Zitat

Original geschrieben von ZweifelM5
    Hi Finn

About a difference of 45km/h on the autobahn means a fine of about 1 month income if you are a Swiss habitant.
    You are not, so it will be something around CHF 1500.- to 2500.-

Aye Caramba !!
    If there is any way to avoid paying that, i will try it..
    The 45kmh difference on Aotobahn: Does it still count as that, when it was on a piece with an 80kmh speedlimit?

Zitat

In/near which town/village, on which road have you been flashed?
    Because the penalty also depends on the "Kanton".

Zitat

It was on the A2 motorway, inside a tunnel.

The Letter says:
    "Lausen, A2, Tunnel Arisdorf, Talspur.
    Basel"

Oh, and btw., there was no notice from the motorclub in Flensburg, like there was last year regarding the speeding in Germany.. dont know why, maybe they just changed their policy on this.

• Huhh, that doesn't sound very nice... You seem to have big luck with the radars outside Denmark? Last year Germany this year Switzerland - are sure there's nothing more to come from Italy or France from the memorial run??

I am with Dominik on that one: contact a lawyer who knows Swiss laws - he can surely tell you if you need to react in any way or if it doesn't matter for you as long as you aren't traveling to Switzerland anymore:-(

Very interesting that they directly contacted you this time - maybe the german officials saved your data after the motorclub send it to them.

Konstantin

• Well Finn,

I am very sorry to hear. This prooves clearly that Germany and Switzerland have a treaty to exchange information from their registration offices.

I got flashed too that day, just outside Luzern where I was driving approx 120km/h (speedo) in a 100km/h zone. Untill now, I didn't hear anything (yet).

Rgrds,

Raymond

• Zitat

Kons said:
    Huhh, that doesn't sound very nice... You seem to have big luck with the radars outside Denmark? Last year Germany this year Switzerland - are sure there's nothing more to come from Italy or France from the memorial run??

I would'nt exactly call it "Big luck" ;)
    Maybe i just have to start paying attention to the roadsigns? (wich would be boring).
    In Denmark there are no stationary radars on the motorway, so ignoring the speedlimit is pretty normal.. driving for years and years without ever getting a ticket even if driving fast, is what i'm used to. Ofcourse it is a completely different story when off the motorway.

I certainly hope there is no "letters" on the way from the Memorial Run.. getting of with handing the French police 90,- Eur. was pretty cheap, but being detained for two hours when we where kinda in a hurry was'nt exactly what we had hoped for..

Zitat

Very interesting that they directly contacted you this time - maybe the german officials saved your data after the motorclub send it to them.

Zitat

That could be the case, or the police can have actually contacted the motorclub, they just did'nt mention it to me this time.

Anyway.. i will have to think it over before i decide what to do (contact lawyer or other..)

• Zitat

Original geschrieben von Kons
    ... or if it doesn't matter for you as long as you aren't traveling to Switzerland anymore:-(

Well, i will definately be travelling to Switzerland next year, unless the Tour de Alps is moving to France, i think i was the first one to pay the entry fee for next years event :)

• Zitat

Original geschrieben von donati
    Well, i will definately be travelling to Switzerland next year, unless the Tour de Alps is moving to France, i think i was the first one to pay the entry fee for next years event :)

Finn,

Chances are high that we will move towards France for 2004, but within the OK, we are still debating whether or not to include parts of Switzerland.

The final decision has yet o be made, but please reserve the first WE of September 2004 for the next E34 ///M5 Alps meeting.

• Zitat

Raymond said:

The final decision has yet o be made, but please reserve the first WE of September 2004 for the next E34 ///M5 Alps meeting.

Will do.. the Memorial Run organizers are talking about early Sebtember too, im hoping i can convince them to move it a week or two..
    Looks like next years event will include some Nordschelife fun, and then a blast to Budapest :)

• Zitat

Will do.. the Memorial Run organizers are talking about early Sebtember too, im hoping i can convince them to move it a week or two..
    Looks like next years event will include some Nordschelife fun, and then a blast to Budapest :)

Hello Finn,

I have read all about that on the memorial run and m5board forums, but I won't move later then the first WE of September or else we face the risk of closed passes.

• Zitat

Raymond said:
    Hello Finn,

I have read all about that on the memorial run and m5board forums, but I won't move later then the first WE of September or else we face the risk of closed passes.

Raymond,
    It was the Memorial event i was hoping they would not plan for first WE of sebtember. Not the Alps tour.
    Btw. i have tried convincing Ralph (Vadas1) from Memorial Run that he needs to take part in next years Alps meeting, he was positive to the idea..

France sounds great btw.. any chance we will get to drive some of the same passes we see the riders do battle on every year, during the Tour de France cycling?

Regarding the letter i got from Switzerland:
    This evening i have spoken to some friends about the case, and think there is a fair chance we have come up with a solution that will prevent the Police from issuing a ticket to me. I will let you know how it goes ;)

• Zitat

It was the Memorial event i was hoping they would not plan for first WE of sebtember. Not the Alps tour.
    Btw. i have tried convincing Ralph (Vadas1) from Memorial Run that he needs to take part in next years Alps meeting, he was positive to the idea..

Thanks. I would love to meet him. ;)

Zitat

France sounds great btw.. any chance we will get to drive some of the same passes we see the riders do battle on every year, during the Tour de France cycling?

I am almost sure that we will include the Col d'Iseran. With an altitude of 2770mtr this is Europes highest pass that can be reached by car. As for other passes, I cannot tell much yet as we have to discuss this within the OK first. But rest assured, you will receive your fair shar of Tour the France col's. :mrgreen:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!