M5 in movies

• Zitat von marian

In which movies was M5?

My first proposal is "Ronin"

The driving cut in "Ronin" is superb, but is`s definitive not a M5. You see the the US Cockpit with white needles in the Tunnel-Scene. Is`s a 520i or a 525i with a M5 Sticker on the backside ;-)

• Zitat von matthes

The driving cut in "Ronin" is superb, but is`s definitive not a M5. You see the the US Cockpit with white needles in the Tunnel-Scene. Is`s a 520i or a 525i with a M5 Sticker on the backside ;-)

-
    a real M5 was used in some shootings, the car that got destroyed was most
    likely NOT the M5 and also in some driving scenes another 5-serie-car was used, the engine-sound from the S38-engine is 'real' but 'added', i.e. the sound from the engine does not come from the car you see driving on the film-screen - all 'best to my knowledge' -

• The car used in Ronin was not an M5. You can see it also by looking the the front and the rear of the car (no ///M bodykit). It's just a plain normal 525.

I remember having had this discussion on the old english m5 board some years ago. Apparently the director of this movie was a admirer of the e34 m5 and he said in an interview that he could not had destroyed such a nice car. So they crashed a 525(?) and used the S38 engine noise for the scenes.

Rgds,
    Dominik

• Last weekend I was checking the chase sequence on my ronin dvd and here is what I saw:

- folding arm-rests on the front seats
    - cockpit instrumentation looks white not red
    - there seems to be a gas consumtion gage in the revolution meter
    - front spoiler is devinitely not M5
    - end of chase car sliding on the roof you see once a different rim.

:rolleyes:

• Falls das ein amerikanischer Film ist : dort werden die Zuschauer eh für blöd gehalten!

Da wird die alte S-Klasse ( W116 ? ) mit dem W123 abgewechselt, dann mit der neueren S-Klasse W126 und sogar mit dem W140 munter ausgetauscht. Aber immerhin haben sie dieselbe Farbe! :D

Ronin habe ich noch nie gesehen!

Harry

• Zitat von M6-Harry

... Ronin habe ich noch nie gesehen!

Harry

Servus Harry,

unabhängig von den Fahrzeugen ist "Ronin" für mich sehr sehenswert. Interessante Typen bei einem riskanten Auftrag etc. - hat mir gut gefallen. Gute Schauspieler :cool:! Steht für mich auf einer Stufe mit "Heat".

Gruß Günther

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!