Save a 20th Jahre Motorsport please!!

• Yordi@
    is it -indeed- the -real- thing ?? is there a way to find out the VIN for this car, the last 7 figure like = BK04XXX ?? just to make sure that it is -one of the few-, this car is heavily 'modified' and there are other cars with this -interior- that are NOT the real thing, these seats were available from BMW ZS
    on special order and so are the 'read belts' - any chance ??

• Dunno! I'll go to see it over this weekend. What chassis nr should I expect?? If I can get price a bit lower, I'll buy it. I have another M5, also in red, with a broken engine, so it will be a perfect donor for the Motorsport (if it's the real thing...)

• Zitat von yorldi

I have another M5, also in red, with a broken engine, so it will be a perfect donor for the Motorsport (if it's the real thing...)

But watch it: Original 20 Jahre Motorsport came along with the 3.8 Engine, as i see, you have a 1991 3.6 M5...
    oh well, everyone here would be interested if this car is a "real" one, so please ask the owner/seller about the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)

Greetings Andy

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn-out,shouting, 'Holy sh*t! What a ride!'"

• Yordi@
    with the VIN, last 7 figures = like GD63475 we can tell if the car is a real
    '20 Years Motorport' or not. There shud also be a plague in front of the gear shifter telling the running number, like 02/20.
    -
    About the price, it is by far too high, especially with all the -none original-
    modifications done to the body-work the car shud be lower in price than a car in original-shape. EUR 17.500 is far off in any case but then I do not know the price level in Spain. This is of course just my personal opinion.

• Zitat von yorldi

Ok, chassis number checked.

GD63496!!!!
    Completely rebuilt engine 3k kms ago with BMW bills
    I think it's a real one. I'll be there this saturday with 16k €

Are you really willing to pay 16k€ for this p.o.s.?
    I suppose, no i predict you will get a better 20Y for that price.

• GD63496 would be the 'real thing', production date: 16.10.1992 -
    what does the number-plague say = XX/20 ??
    -
    there are three out of the 20 made running in Sweden best to my knowledge,
    at least one of them would possibly be for sale for the money you intend to spend on a heavily modified car -
    anyway, your money and eventually your car, good luck !
    keep us posted as the story developes :idea: :)

• Yorldi@
    GD63496 - was for sale in Germany in April 2002 for EUR 9.999 with 140.000 km, 7 previous owners, accident damage right rear, right side partly re-painted, the car was sold to -Spain- for a complete repaint and rebuild
    (which we now know is true :idea: :pp: )
    -
    about the Swedish one, it is not really for sale as far as I know but with EUR 16.000 you might be able to convince the owner to sell ;) ;)
    let me have a private msg or even better an email and I will try to put you in touch with the owner -

• Zitat von m5tourreg

Yorldi@
    GD63496 - was for sale in Germany in April 2002 for EUR 9.999 with 140.000 km, 7 previous owners, accident damage right rear, right side partly re-painted, the car was sold to -Spain- for a complete repaint and rebuild
    (which we now know is true :idea: :pp: )-

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm gonna kill him with this!!!
    Thanks thanks thanks a lot!!!

• Zitat von yorldi

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm gonna kill him with this!!!
    Thanks thanks thanks a lot!!!

-
    Yorldi@
    take it easy on him, who knows how many owners this car had in Spain ??, it is NOT sure that the present owner is aware as he does not appear to know the real idendity of the car either. If indeed that BBS (?) spoiler-kit has such a high value (more then the car itself ???) then you should be able to sell it
    of if you really intend to rebuild the car. It is not really -that- bad -if only it was a -normal- E34 M5 and not a 'special edition car'.

• I just needed that information so I could discuss the price with good reasons.
    If I get the car, first thing to go will be the bodykit and wheels, as are the only non-original things (by now...) I just can't wait for saturday!!

• Yes,

thats the car I found first in Esslingen ;-)))

Thanks Karl for keeping my information, otherwise I had to name the accident.

And as you told, so we know its true that the car was sold to spain.

I still have the original anouncement and the Individual Print...

Best regards,

Alf

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!