E28 M5 diff in E24 635csi

• Hello,

Does anyone know for sure if the E28 M5 diff will directly swap out with the differential of an 1986 635csi? I have an opportunity for the M5 differential but I will only act upon it if it is a direct swap. I do not want to get involved with changing out the input shaft etc.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
    http://bigcoupe.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=9398
    Creative production service

Thanks

• Hi
    In my opinion it doesn't make sense to use an E24 635 Differential for an E28 M5 disregarding if DC91 or DC93 M5.
    It may fit plug'n play but the DC91 M5 has a 3.73 to 1 as a final ratio and the DC93 came with a shorter 3.91 to 1 ratio.

The 635CSi instead had a long 3.07 to 1 ratio over its diff.
    That's far too long for the typical characteristics of the S38 engine.

regards, N.

• 1. Ist das ein Spam Bot, dem ihr hier antwortet und 2. ist die Übersetzung wenn schon 1:3,73 usw. Andersherum würden auf eine Motor-Umdrehung 3,73 Radumdrehungen kommen. ;)

Die BMW-Horde: 525iT (01-12) - 540iT (07-heute) - 540iA (09-heute) - 528iT (10-heute)

Haftungsausschluss: Alle gemachten Aussagen stellen lediglich die Sichtweise des Autors anhand der vorliegenden Informationen dar. Der Autor übernimmt keinerlei Haftung für die Befolgung gemachter Ratschläge und Hinweise. Jeder Halter ist für die Sicherheit seines Fahrzeuges vollumfänglich selbst verantwortlich und handelt somit immer eigenverantwortlich.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!