Kontrastlackierung: Farbtonaufkleber

• Vor Jahren irgenwo gefunden. Hoffe es hilft weiter...

What is the paint code for the Gray or Black skirting?

by: Steve Castle | Created the 2001-03-10 13:55:01 (Updated the 2002-09-12 07:50:07)

Gray is: Sebring Grau Metallic, paint code 229

Black is: Diamantschwarz Metallic, paint code: 181

Follow-up:

===
    Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 22:51:28 +0200
    Subject: SV: [M5] Colour question
    Most M5's have are two-tone painted, some are one-tone.
    The grey-aerodynamic-skirts colour

= >'92 VIN = Sterlingsilber,met. - colour code 244 M
    = '92 VIN >= Granitsilber, met. - colour code 237 M

also, Diamantschwarz,met. - colour code 181 M
    is NOT the only black used for M5's there is also = Schwarz II (2), colour code 668 M (and perhaps more)

don't you have the -paint/colour-label-sticker- under the hood; I believe on the right-hand fender/wheel-housing ?? check or consult with BMW n checking with ur VIN-no-ref
    ===
    Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 08:37:37 -0500
    Subject: Re: [M5] M5 colours FAQ
    On a slightly different topic, the FAQ shows >92 VIN with Sterlingsilber,met. - color code 244 M for the skirting. I got a pint of this to repair some damage to the front spoiler, and it is not the color on my car. Much 'lighter' in color and more silver. Mine has more black/gray tone to it, but still metallic. The car has been repainted by the PO, so maybe they used the Granitsilber, met. - color code 237 M. However, he says it was repainted the same as what came on the car.

Dealer says they can't find out what paint code was used on the spoiler originally, but I'm not sure I believe them. I like the darker tone it has now (I assume Granitsilber met), but having restored some other cars, my inclination is to go original (which could mean repainting the entire skirt).

Anyone know how I can find out what came on the skirts originally?

BTW, Glanzschwarz, color code 668 is not listed on any of the paint suppliers' local lists. I finally got them to call the factory, and they had a match for it - seems that they simply put in as much black pigment as the paint will hold - nothing else. Factory said they only know of two other car colors that used only one pigment!
    ===
    Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 17:45:11 -0000
    Subject: Re: [M5] M5 colours FAQ
    If your original skiriting had a darker tone to it, then it must have been painted in Diamantschwarz Metallic, paint code: 181. It is darker, but still retains that gray tone to it. Schwarz II (668 w/ metallic properties) is too dark. That is the only thing I can think of.

The dealer should be able to find out what the color was by
    looking at your VIN#.
    ===
    Date: 9/12/2002 12:28 AM
    Subject: correction skirting paint codes
    For the sake of good order, clarification and in order to avoid further confusion I believe we need to make a correction to the FAQ-page under heading 'what is the paint code for the gray or black skirting?'

I hv now received an answer from the M-GmbH to my inquiry and unless proofed otherwise we have to assume this to be correct in general -

contrast-colors used for the E34 M5-skirting/aerodynamic package = Sebringgrau, metallic (229) - up to 1991 = Granitsilber, metallic (237 M) - from 1991 = Diamantschwarz, metallic (181 M) - all models

the change from Sebringgrau, met. to Granitsilber, met. was made in 1991 (most likely at model-year-change from '91 to '92-model, not confirmed) also it was not specifically confirmed which color was used on the '93 US-model (3.6 Li S38B36), HD 93, 12/89 - 03/93 -

to make the issue even more tricky BMW at the time offered an option (against additional payment) to have the skirting/aerodynamic package painted in the colour of the car
    OR IN A DIFFERENT CONTRAST-COLOUR AT BUYER'S CHOICE -
    although there are a few cars known and confirmed without a contrast-color it is not very likely that there are many cars out there with a different contrast color -

car owner's with an unidentified (490 U - Sonderlackierung) special-paint car and/or in doubt about the -contrast-skirting-color should ask their BMW-contact to obtain confirmation from the M-GmbH via the VIN-ref of the specific car -

-
    hopefully this will put some light to the issue and you will find this helpful - pls accept my apologies for any confusion and inconvenience caused -
    -
    by the way, previous remarks made on black-colour shades used for the E34 M5 were NOT refering to the contrast-colours used

MFG, BB

• Zitat von BB

Vor Jahren irgenwo gefunden. Hoffe es hilft weiter...

Irgendwo :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. http://bmwe34m5.com/faqs/ - Wohl nach wie vor das Nachschlagewerk wenns um die immer wiederkehrenden Fragen rund um unser altes Eisenschwein geht.

Zitat

I hv now received an answer from the M-GmbH to my inquiry and unless proofed otherwise we have to assume this to be correct in general -

contrast-colors used for the E34 M5-skirting/aerodynamic package = Sebringgrau, metallic (229) - up to 1991 = Granitsilber, metallic (237 M) - from 1991 = Diamantschwarz, metallic (181 M) - all models

Jaja, was dieser ominöse Karl Marks damals noch nicht wusste, ist daß die Winkelhocks in Sterlingsilber abgesetzt wurden. Ich meine aber gehört zu haben, daß er inzwischen auch dahingehend informiert ist:):)... wundert mich irgendwie, daß er noch garnichts hierzu geschrieben hat - aber das kommt bestimmt noch;-)

Konstantin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!