Rarest BMW M5 special editions ever made

• Sehr geil die Seite, obwohl ich einige BMW Bücher habe, wusste nicht, dass es ein E12 als Rennmodel gab ��

-
    Ja, gut und interessant, aber auch viel übernommen :idea: (ohne Quellen-Angabe :o
    könnte man auch sagen, geklaut ?:booh:) von der ,mregistry‘ Web-Seite.
    -
    By courtesy of ,mregistry‘ :)
    Was the E12 M535i the first 5 Series produced by BMW Motorsport?
    Though the M535i was the first official 5 Series model with its own distinct "M" designation, BMW Motorsport GmbH had been quietly equipping 5 Series sedans with larger M30 motors and upgraded chassis components since 1974. Never formally part of the BMW model range, these early Motorsport E12s were converted from standard 525, 528 or 528i sedans shipped directly from the Dingolfing assembly line to the BMW Motorsport facility on the Preussenstrasse in Munich. Initially, they were fitted with 3.0-liter M30 inline-six from the larger E3 sedans and E9 coupes in either carburetted or fuel-injected form. Later, however, both the 3.2-liter and 3.4-liter versions of the fuel-injected M30 engine also became available. When equipped with these larger engines, the 5 Series sedans also received a shorter 3.45:1 rear axle ratio with limited slip differential, a revised exhaust system, Bilstein shocks, rear disc brakes, a reinforced rear axle and 195/70VR14 tires on 7x14-inch BBS cross-spoke alloy wheels with center caps bearing the BMW Motorpsort logo. Tri-color Motorsport stripes could be applied to the body as an option, and a BMW Motorsport three-spoke steering wheel and sport seats made by Recaro or Scheel were also offered. Because these special Motorsport E12s retained the VIN from the original donor vehicle, it is difficult to determine how many were produced, though several sources claim there were a total of 895 built from 1974 through 1980.

• Cool was du da gefunden hast, schon cool, was so gebaut und getunt worden ist.

Sehr geil fand ich den M5 CSL mit 5,5 Liter und 580 Sauger PS. Ich hätte mir gewünscht, dass es ein BMW M
    Sportwagen mit Mittelmotorprinzip gegeben hätte. Dann ähnlich wie ein Audi R8, nicht so ein trauriger I8

• Cool was du da gefunden hast, schon cool, was so gebaut und getunt worden ist.
    Sehr geil fand ich den M5 CSL mit 5,5 Liter und 580 Sauger PS. Ich hätte mir gewünscht, dass es ein BMW M
    Sportwagen mit Mittelmotorprinzip gegeben hätte. Dann ähnlich wie ein Audi R8, nicht so ein trauriger I8

-
    Was tut man nicht alles um hier etwas mehr Leben reinzubringen......:lol:;):o
    Schön das es dir gefällt. In dem Artikel ging es aber NUR um BMW 5 Serie Fahrzeuge von M.

Deinen Wunsch „das es einen BMW M Mittelmotor Supersportwagen ‚
    gegeben hätte‘“ verstehe ich nicht so recht?:eek:Aus einem solchen stammt doch
    der ,Ur-Motor‘ der in einer Weiterentwicklung in Deinem E30 lebt...

Alt aber ,oho‘ und lange vor einem R8 :eek::o ‚Freude am Fahren‘ ist heute nur noch
    ,ein Marketing gimmick‘, aber es gab mal eine Zeit bei BMW (M), da wurden da auch
    noch die entsprechenden Fahrzeuge gebaut.

Courtesy of ,mregistry‘:
    What makes the E26 M1 unique?
    The E26 M1 is BMW's only mid-engine production sports car and the only product of BMW Motorsport GmbH that is not based on an existing production model from BMW AG. It has a two-seat GRP body designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro and a 24-valve version of the production M30 inline-six derived from the unit used in the 3.0CSL competition cars and known as the M88.

https://www.google.de/search?s…9j33i22i29i30.mK6o489PHg0

https://www.google.de/search?s…31j0i22i10i30.eHoNMjb54qA
    -
    Quote:
    ......while Mercedes-Benz basks in the glory of the AMG GT and Audi keeps making the R8 better and better, the M division is happy to keep on delivering “an armada of fast vessels to attack a broader range of possible customer groups,”.....
    Unquote

i.e. BMW is in it for the money only, ,Freude am fahren‘ ( und bauen ), no more :cry::booh:

• Natürlich ist mir bewusst, dass der alte M1 mit einem Mittelmotor fährt, ich hätte mir gewünscht,
    dass BMW den I8 halt mit einem anständigen Motor, siehe das Beispiel E60 CSL mit 5,5 Liter gebaut hätte.

Das mit den von dir aufgezählten Autos habe ich schon verstanden, denn erstens konnte man sich den Text
    in deutsch übersetzen, dazu habe ich drei Jahre in England gelebt ( Darlingthon ), da ist sicher auch noch etwas
    hängen geblieben :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!