Common e28 issues to look for when buying?

• Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and am interested in a local e28 for sale by me. It is an '87 535i 5 speed with 165k. The guy selling it says he currently uses it as his daily driver. I haven't seen it in person yet, but when I asked the seller if it had any problems he only mentioned worn front seats. He is asking $1200 for the car. Assuming the exterior isn't a disaster, it sounds like a good deal. What do you e28 guys think? Also, if there are any major problem areas for the e28 I should look at, I'd appreciate the suggestions. Everything I read about the m30 motor tells me its quite a workhorse. This one is an m30b34, I believe. My one concern is that he's only owned the car for 5 months, but he says he bought it from his aunt, and he's selling to get a truck to pull around his ATV. Other than that, he said its got a new battery, alternator, blower motor, and shift linkage.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/f…s-to-look-for-when-buying
    Creative marketing service

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!