Review S38b36 Help

• I do not speak German (not English). I'm writing from Rome (Italy). I'm restoring an e34 m5 engine 3535cc, s38b36, and I have some serious problems. Why is no one here in Italy knows this engine. Someone else can help me it's really an expert on these engines?

• Hi Cobra6666
    You should list in detail, what problems exactly you have.
    Then some member of this FORUM may look/search through the database of solution threads and might send you the links.
    You then can translate the thread answers.
    I do not see an other way to get answers if you do not spead German, sorry.
    Rgds
    Hermann

E34 530V8 '94 318 tkm diamantschwarz
    E34 M5T '92 204 tkm BMW schwarz II
    E34 525 '94 194 tkm fjordgrau

E34 525iA '94 121 tkm orientblau

• The main problem are the main bearings.On my drive shaft with the original measurements are colored "green" and "red". To "bmw Rome" in the catalog there are only colors "red" and "blue". What does this mean? Can I put blue instead of green? These colors indicate what? By measuring the crankshaft carry the following measures: crankpin 47.98 to 47.97 all green color (48.00 mm lead to the catalog bmw color only red). Crank base 59.98 to 59.97 mm (60.00 mm to the catalog bmw color blue and red) I am struggling the brain and I'm going crazy.

• The colors indicate the mass of the main bearings in 1/100mm
    Unfortunately I can not tell you the exact size of the corresponding colors.
    for normal engine overhaul, but it is sufficient to incorporate all the bearings of the same color.

here you can look for the VIN number of your car, find the part number

www. bmwfans.info

look at you as a look, then you can find what you need.

• Zitat von cobra6666

The main problem are the main bearings.On my drive shaft with the original measurements are colored "green" and "red". To "bmw Rome" in the catalog there are only colors "red" and "blue". What does this mean? Can I put blue instead of green? These colors indicate what? By measuring the crankshaft carry the following measures: crankpin 47.98 to 47.97 all green color (48.00 mm lead to the catalog bmw color only red). Crank base 59.98 to 59.97 mm (60.00 mm to the catalog bmw color blue and red) I am struggling the brain and I'm going crazy.

according to bmwfans catalog your crankshaft should be only Yelow you can see Crankshaft Bearing and main bearing Red and Blue only with different dimension ( depent of Reworking or not ) - you can see on this same page

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!